Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mission Statement - A New Blog-inning

Some great companies derive their greatness from their wealth of ideas, their superior management style, or their unique take on what the world needs now (don’t even think about saying love, sweet love).  Others have employed a black turtleneck.  Despite these varied focuses, each company has had one crucial element in common, the willingness to experiment.  To be able to change and to grasp at the unknown is what separates the great ones from the merely pretty good ones.  After careful consideration and a quick consultation with my spiritual adviser (me) I have decided to bring this blog into the age of experimentation.  Today marks the beginning of an experiment with this blog.  For too long this once proud blog has floundered under lazy leadership that would rather read the comments on A.V. Club articles than write pieces of varying wit and candor.  That ends today.  The blog known as Thoughts with Some Ramblings (and other parts I can’t recall at the moment) will be undergoing a Sea Change or a Mutations but not a Midnight Vultures.  Starting today, this blog will post on every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday until I forget or find myself entrenched in another pop culture site’s comment section.

To recap, the wild experimentation will be a strict schedule of postings.  When the clock hits Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday there will be a new blog.  Reread that last sentence and take it in.  That’s three more blogs than I’ve written in all of last month.  I know, I know, I’m a wild man.  But alas, I’ve grown nostalgic for the days when my blog had page views.  I miss checking my view counter and seeing page views that are greater than the unforgiving ever judgmental zero.  I would also like to add that I will resist the urge to write a lame blog about how I have nothing to write about and then the blog goes nowhere for 500 or so words before a lame ass ending.  I’m not interested in wasting my time like that.  At this point in time I would like to add that I care about your “precious” time too.  Obliviously not as much as I care about my own time, but I assume you too have things of importance to do like call into your local sports radio station as Jeff from the Bronx or pretend grad school was totally worth it. 


Today marks the re-launch of the re-beginning of this re-blog.  The first hundred posts were fun to write but I owe it to the blogging community and my favorite reader (hint it’s me) to crank out these posts with some consistency.  I would like to offer a sincere thank you to all who have read my re-mission statement and will be coming back on Thursday to partake in this wacky experiment of having set posting times.  Those who return on Sunday will have my utmost gratitude and people who come back on the following Tuesday, well they better watch what’s coming for them.  I mean that last part in the nicest way possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment