Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Well I was Wrong

Well I was completely wrong on my MLB Division Series predictions and I vow to never make another prediction about the playoffs again, until of course next year rolls around.  I’ve learned my lesson for this year and it is simply that you cannot predict baseball Suzyn.  Once this post season has concluded the lesson will be lost and I’ll be right back at making crappy predictions based on what the so called “experts” at ESPN said (it’s more than just a funny coincidence that my predictions are exactly the same as those on ESPN) but with funnier observations and my everybody is against the Yankees paranoia that you the reader has come to expect and demand.  So for the rest of the baseball season I’m going to sit back and enjoy without adding in some faulty thoughts.  I’m not going to write a blog predicting that the Royals will pull out a classic 7 game series against the Orioles.  I’m going to let the other experts pontificate and fall flat on their faces.  I’m just here to apologize for wasting your valuable time (my bad fellas).

The future is a tough thing to predict unless you have a time machine and as you can tell my machine has been in the shop for quite a while.  It’s time to give the old Nostradamus noodle a rest and go back to my main focus of trying to predict the events of the 2014-2015 NBA season (division previews should start mid next week thank you for asking).  I’ll simply make a few vague predictions (the team with Lebron James will win some games) and I’ll regain my golden status.  It’ll be a glorious return to the top after these harrowing few days at the bottom of the barrel.  I’m a roller coaster of predicting emotions but isn’t it worth it just for the ride.  I say no, but then again I thought the Angels would beat the Royals in 4 so what do I know?  I was so wrong with those ALDS predictions that frankly I am incredibly embarrassed.  I should have known that Joba Chamberlain would give up essential game winning runs; I mean I saw him do it for years on the Yankees.  Now the ALCS looks like a match that should have happened in the late 70’s to early 80’s.  It should be fun and will be enjoyed by all 40 people who tune in outside of Kansas City and Baltimore. 


The only prediction I’m still okay with is the Dodgers – Cardinals series, but I’m going to keep my mouth shut on that one given how poorly Kershaw has looked.  I could still pull out ahead with a National’s comeback, but it wouldn’t matter.  Any hack can call a series winner.  It takes a true hack to call a series winner in the correct number of games and today I am no true hack.  I am but a man and an average hack off the street.  Oh pity me oh righteous and never wrong fan for I used to be one of you.  I used to be a kingmaker and a caller of shots.  Today I sit in front of my television set, a member of the unwashed masses with no idea as to what shall transpire next.  It is my cross to bear and I accept it for the rest of this postseason.  Of course next year will be different.  I swear on it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment