Sunday, November 23, 2014

I temporarily saved the Knicks season. You're welcome!

I did it.  I prevented the apocalypse and I will gladly take any accolades thrown my way.  Normally I shun the spotlight and get embarrassed by having my accomplishments said out loud, but I will temporarily depart from this tried and true policy and basked in my achievements.  Now dear reader, you may rightly as, what do I, Jason Thompson the ever so witty, have to celebrate?  The answer to which should be painfully obvious to any faithful fan of the Ramblings with blah blah blog is that I guided the New York Knicks basketballing franchise to victory over the hapless and pathetic 76ers.  I wrote in m pre-game Thursday blog that I would be done with this team if they could not beat the collection of D League all-stars known as the 76ers.  The Knicks obviously realized the value of losing a passionate fan who has been to a grand total of two games over the past five seasons because of the team’s absorbent and undeserved high ticket prices.  But I have faith that somebody in the “gulag” that is MSG saw my post in their daily “whose trashing the Knicks now” Google search and decided to bring my eloquent discussion of the Knicks present failures to the exalted presence of either Phil Jackson or Derek Fisher.  I’m also positive that once my words were carefully examined, they were photocopied and sent out to all active players on the Knicks roster.  There my words were analyzed and pondered for the next two days before the team huddled under a rallying cry to “win one for the blogger”.  I like to think that’s what spurred on my favorite NBA franchise to victory rather than the fact that they played a squad hoping to luck their way to five wins this year.  So I will take any compliment or measure of good will directed either my way or the Knicks way because fellas I did it.  I helped the Knicks earn that elusive fourth win of the season without suiting up or even watching the entire first half due to prior commitments.  That in itself cements my commitment and place in helping the Knicks beat the physical embodiment of what’s wrong with the NBA draft lottery system. 


I will indeed enjoy this much deserved victory lap and hold off on my predictions and vague threats until the Knicks face the 76ers again because I’m not one to go out on a limb and dare the Knicks to beat the Rockets or the Mavericks.  My powers of suggestion only extend so far and I don’t fancy myself a major idiot.  Perhaps a minor idiot for still supporting this Knicks squad, but in no way am I a major idiot.  That is a line I dare not cross.  But as I watched yesterday’s game I realized I hit upon a great streak of luck by not being a fan of the 76ers.  The team from the City of Brotherly Love has a good shot of being the historically bad team of historically bad teams.  To charge fans to watch this disgrace of a team is wrong and the owners should be reprimanded for their disdain for the average fan.  In short, the 76er’s owners suck and I hope for the fan’s sake the team improves and the owners and team president gets banned from the game for “contempt for the fans”.  The only thing the fans have going for them is that their owners are not racist and I suppose that’s the closest the 76er’s will get to a win this season.  Zing!       

No comments:

Post a Comment