Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ummm, I suppose

They are the best of the last breed; a piece of a notion that never existed or perhaps it once did? Well for starters I have no clue as I just relay a story that has been told to me in years gone past and it just lingers on in my mind, waiting for an opportunity to escape and fight anybody who errs with them.  It’s not my call and surely it is not your fault but to be honest you had more to do with it than you think.  Again nobody is blaming you for any minor discretion or casual annoyance caused but then again I’m not saying you shouldn’t take a cold hard look into a mirror of your choosing.  Take your pick of a good mirror but if you want a really good reflection, may I suggest the bold selection of a make-up mirror?  A full visage lets you see down to your toes, but a make-up mirror, oh a make-up mirror focuses in on all the nasty little details hidden away.  May I further suggest that you put on a pair of dark sunglasses if the returning image is too strong?  I hear they’ve been known to help but from whom you’ll just have to take a few wild guesses.  Ramblings and ramblings is what I’m told this has devolved into, but who’s to say this wasn’t the intended purpose.  There is no linear meaning or direct significance to be gleamed from this unless you are me or the mirror vision of me.  It’s an abstraction of a feeling of a fleeting emotion that was once wrapped up in a diverging moment.  Well it’s either that or it could be an exercise where I fuck around.  I’ll leave that up to you and me dear reader for it could be both of these things just as well as it could be neither of these two options.  I wish my vocabulary was stronger and that I possessed a diverse set of words to employ in ramblings like these because the repetition can be damning and rather boring.  I have a thing against starting too many sentences with the same words and structures and this piece surely isn’t helping the cause.  But it is my task as the writer to keep pushing on and to forge through the emptiness of a page and/or canvas. 

So did the last breed in the first sentence of the last paragraph really exist?  I cannot answer that for sure as it would defeat the whole idea of this piece but I can divulge one key factoid of information.  They were not the best of a last breed as much as they were the luckiest of a last breed.  I hope that clears up any confusion regarding those first lines.  Luck has more to do with things then people wish to believe, but I like to embrace my luck and lack of luck in the hopes that it all evens out and I may come out ahead.  A pleasant thought indeed but it is wrapped in nonsense and coated with a thicker coat of nonsense.  Indeed we have reached the rare double layer of nonsensical thought but as said in an earlier writing, that is a topic for another more civilized time.  Unfortunately for us that time may have passed or have never existed but again I’m just the messenger.  I implore you not to shoot or at least go for my leg. 


As we reach the end of our time together before Thursday’s writing I must ask the question of what did we learn?  Could we both know this was a colossal waste of time wrapped in some nonsense but again I tend to believe that is a discussion for a more civilized time.  I like to think that not everything has a major overreaching purpose and can just exist for the enjoyment of the author and the distinct feeling he gets when he types a bunch of ramblings thoughts.  Writings like this allow him to shut off his left brain and allows his right brain to also shut off to produce maximum ramblings.  This strategy may not work for all but try it why not?  What is there to lose?  Feel the text as you type and enjoy the formation of words into notions into paragraphs into commas or what not.  Just take it easy buddy and flow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment