Friday, November 8, 2013

A Typical Day at the Office

A normal Monday morning in a big firm in the heart of the financial district of an eccentric city...

Bill: Hey Joe, how was your weekend?

Joe:  Actually kinda crazy.  Get this, last Friday I was a block away from my apartment when I see the cops have blocked off my whole area due to some bank robbery.

Bill: Yeah, yeah I heard about that, there was some hostage situation or something.  The bank with the giant penny.

Joe:  Yep.  So I join the crowd to see what’s the deal and out of the bank comes - get this - you’re not gonna believe it…

Bill: Who?

Joe:  Two fucking Face.

Bill:  No way, you saw fucking Two Face.   Is his face that messed up?

Joe:  I was far away, I couldn’t really see.  It looked he just put some purple make up on half his face.

Bill: One time I saw the Phantom of the Opera, but I was in the last row, so I couldn’t make out the guys face when he took his mask off.  He looked pretty normal to me.

Joe: It was just like that.  Remember when we tried to go to see Cats and right before the show started, Poison Ivy came out and tried turn us into stone or some shit.

Bill: Were lucky we got a full refund on those tickets.  Phantom was great thought.  But Two-Face, shit man.  Was Batman there?

Joe:  Nah, just Nightwing.  We were all pissed.  I thought finally I'd get to see Batman, but it was just that guy with the ponytail.

Bill:  Man, I’ve been living here for 17 goddamn years and I’ve only seen Poison Ivy.  I did get a glimpse of one of the Robins.  The rude one.

Joe:  Two Face was a thrill.  I once missed the Penguin by like ten minutes.  I was walking by the aviary and saw some Ostrich picking the lock, but I just kept walking cause I had to meet Dana at Viper. 

Bill: Viper, is that place still around?

Joe: Nah, remember the Joker planted some bombs in there like a three months ago to kill some mobster or something.

Bill: Yeah, Susan was there that night and actually saw him and Batman fight.  She came home like it was no big deal.  She was like you’ll never guess who I ran into tonight.

Joe:  Hasn’t she seen Batman like 8 times.

Bill: Seen him, he’s saved her life like twice.  Her first week in Gotham, Batman inject her with some anti-fear toxin after a run in with Scarecrow and a month later he caught her after Harley Quinn threw her out of her office window. 

Joe:  Lucky bitch.  I’m up to Two Face, Poison Ivy, and I’ve passed some of the Falcones on the street.

Bill: Some people get lucky like that.  Do you want to go see the Knights take on the Falcons Thursday at the Garden?

Joe:  Didn’t Scarecrow threaten the game?

Bill: He did and that’s why the tickets are half off!  I got box seats for like 90 bucks.

Joe: Damn straight I’ll be there.  I’ll pack the gas masks and meet ya there around 7?  I wanna see the new stadium.

Bill: Cool…
(A woman screams and a distinctive laughter fills the air)

Joe:  No way, is that the…?

Both: Joker!


(Both run towards the laughing madman to get a glimpse at the criminal legend).   

No comments:

Post a Comment