Monday, November 4, 2013

Slacking Part 2

Half stepping near the downtown 6 train on Spring Street when a woman of ill fame grabs me by the ankle and invites me up to her pad saying she’ll cure my dreams and give me the profit.  I run up 8 flights of descending stairs only to find an apartment cluttered with every Brazilian newspaper dated from October 5th, 2013.  She closes the door behind me and punches me in the left bicep, until she throws me head first out the window, where I somehow land on top of three sunbathers.  We laugh about the incident and they throw me off their roof and I land on the collective umbrellas of 4 sunbathers who are afraid of the sun.  We laugh until I see the women of ill fame talking to the sunbathers above us and I begin to sprint fearing that I don’t have many rooftop falls left in me.  I call for the escalator and run down the stairs in a panic and barrel through the door absorbing the glass in my leather jacket.  My jacket screams in agony and wants me to put it out of its misery, so I take it off and bury it next to Gertrude Winthrop in Trinity Church.  They both seem relatively happy about the union (though I swear I saw Gertrude wince when I left).

I make it further downtown when I stop for some soup dumplings and just as I am about to dig in, the pork buns on the platter next to me decide to rob me.  The pork buns steal my socks and eat five of my soup dumplings.  They were very generous to give me the remaining three.  They were amazing.   I leave the restaurant shaking before I stumble down a manhole and into a penthouse apartment filled with silhouettes of people floating back and forth.  They strip me naked and we sit for a while discussing the ins and outs of the arraignment process.  We agree on many parts.  They ask if I would like to become a silhouette and I politely decline because I’ve grown far too fond of my chest hair.  They sigh and throw my clothes back at me, but my clothes are missing their colors.  I ask for the colors and am given all but the blues.  Good enough I think as I walk out and dress myself in the hallway. 


Another door opens and out walks a man with so much time to spare that he throws me into his apartment to sit around.  I sit in a sofa that turns out to be a hole and again I’m falling for an undisclosed amount of time.  Old habits die hard I figure….

No comments:

Post a Comment