Monday, November 11, 2013

Cruella de Vil

Does anyone else think that Cruella de Vil is awesome?  She wants to skin puppies alive to make a new coat.  That is just all kinds of crazy and evil.  And sexy.  Very sexy.  This is a woman that is willing to kill 101 Dalmatians so she could have a coat that she’ll eventually throw out after a few seasons.  Sign me up for that piece of explosive crazy.  She was also able to convince two people to go along with her sinister plan.  You can’t buy that kind of charisma.  How many people would take a job that would lead to skinning animals to placate the unquenchable fashion thirst of a socialite?  Other than me and those two idiots, I’m supposin’ not many people. 

This declaration of love may also come from the fact that last night, a gigantic dog chased me for a few blocks at 3 in the morning whilst barking and growling very loudly.  My opinion on man’s best friend has dropped below 50% for the first time in a while.  His idiot owner had what looked to be the “grim” running the empty streets sans a leash.  That is illegal and downright dangerous.  I could have been hurt physically rather than just spiritually.  In my moment of terror, I knew there was only one woman who could help in my hour of extreme need.  Cruella.

Cruella.  What a great name.  I hope she was born with a normal boring name and changed it to be that person.  That’ll bring her up a few notches in my book.  It’ll put her at notch more than a few.  De Vil.  That sounds French.  I, unlike most of this country, can’t get enough of the French.  Their language makes English sound even more like a gutter language, and French New Wave movies are just plain swell.  Jean Paul Belmondo is a treasure.  And don’t get me started on that Anna Karina (she’s a French citizen now).    


But they all pale to Cruella de Vil.  The best Disney villain/ and maybe Disney character.  Standing on her two hind legs like a young Rory Calhoun, she inspired one of the greatest Simpsons songs (“See My Vest”) of all time.  If she came to me with the carcasses of 101 dead Dalmatians and their separated skins and ordered me to make a fur coat, I’d whip one up faster than you could say “Tallulah Bankhead”.  I’d ask no questions.  Other than the obvious one of cash or credit.  And the other obvious one of “I was going by the pound tonight, want come with and decide on a new spring line?”  One can dream.  Oh, one can dream.        

No comments:

Post a Comment