Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Couple Birthday Lists

Apparently I have a birthday coming up on Saturday so in preparation for the big day I have composed a list of things I wish/not wish to happen on the anniversary of my birth. 

Things I wish to happen on my birthday:

The aging process stops for me in a way that is not related to my immediate death.  In short, I become the happy go-lucky Dorian Grey and outlive everybody until the sun explodes or Manhattan floods due to global warming.

Me and my merry band of well-wishers somehow travel back in time, place bets on every major sporting event and clean the fuck up.

I somehow meet Bob Dylan and he invites me and my merry band of well-wishers out for a night on the town that culminates in a sneak preview of his new album and a happy parting of the ways with an invitation to hang out whenever he is in town.

I somehow meet Woody Allen who says he enjoys my writings and subsequently asks if I would like to be involved with his next picture.  He then says he has decided to do a couple of stand-up shows and invites me to a test run of his new material. 

I do not get intense food poisoning from the very large and most likely rich meal I have on my birthday.

The night for me and my well-wishers ends with a fulfillment of the famous prophesy made by Rodney Dangerfield at the end of Caddyshack:

Also there should be a chorus of nananana’s serenating us throughout the evening.

Me and my merry band of well-wishers are all dressed with top hats and canes and perform a flawless rendition of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”.  One can dream.


Things I don’t want to happen on my Birthday:

Murder most foul.

Murder most unfoul.

Murder in general.

I somehow meet my idols (the people in points 3 and 4 on the positive list) and I get into a Larry David-esque misunderstanding/blow up with them that haunts me until the day I die.

A sincere utterance of the phrase “Obamacare and the government” coupled with a firm “wake up sheeple”.  Not on my watch.

 Somebody wears sweatpants.  So help me God if I see that foul piece of clothing I will be engaging in bullet points 2 and 3 from Things I don’t want to happen on my Birthday.

Jesus decides to return to Earth and commence with the judging.  Of all days to start the end of the world and shatter my system of beliefs (or non-belief) you choose today?  Way to plan it oh king of kings.

The Yankees lose to the Red Sox.  We really need to sweep these bums from Boston to stay in the hunt and plus they just traded all their pitching!  Let’s sweep the series fellas.  If you’re not gonna do it for me, well then do it for the Captain.  Jeet can’t go out without a last chance at October glory.


That guy decides to make an appearance.  Yeah, that guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment